Madness Heist Madness Heist

Fuck yea

This was nice.
A bit slow at the start, but I guess it was necessary in order to make it a real story. The action scenes were pretty well animated and the story was well set up.
Great voice actors too.

Crazy Clown Crazy Clown

Lol

Pretty simple, very short, but very funny as well :D

Dusk of the Madness Dusk of the Madness

Truely your best one this far :D

It was fantastic, like you said in your author comments already you decided to ake this one less colorful than the second one, and I think you made a great choice.

I really like how you still managed to come up with original new ideas like the guy with the mustache alerting all zombies because of his hunger for pie, and the fact you made the zombies themselves more unique giving them hats and stuff.

It's a shame most of the main characters died, but the story to their deaths was epic. Less action than the other two, but you emphasized the story more and it came out really well.

5/5 & 10/10

CannonCrotch CannonCrotch

Funny concept, too poorly optimized to be good.

The good:
+ The concept.
+ The look of the characters.
+ The smooth frame by frame animations of enemies.
+ The music choice.

The bad:
- The so called "easy" mode, which isn't easy, just "less hard".
- The glitchiness of the spider tank level:
__- An explosion orb went full screen size, I couldn't see anything but I could go to the next level by pressing A, so apparently I destroyed the tank. Which I encountered again shooting at me next to Hitler's plane...
__- The screen went fully yellow once and the game became unplayable; all I saw was sparks and bullets, but there was no way telling if I was dodging them or not (since I also couldn't see the lives menu).
__- I once kept respawning in a place in the bottom left corner, where I kept dying over and over again before I could even move.
- Intro can't be skipped.

For me, unfortunately, the cons outweigh the pros to the point where playing the game just isn't any fun.

Madness: Project Nexus Madness: Project Nexus

Great game, although it still needs fixing.

PEFORMANCE
...is the point that needs most of the fixing. The moments with most lag are the ones you need it the least;
- during bullet time
- when an enemy locks onto you
- when you assign mercenaries to assist you in combat

I encountered less lag after I downloaded the game from
http://uploads.ungrounded.net//592000 //592473_MadnessGame_ULTIMATE.swf
and ran it from my computer using Flash Projector (download it for free from the official Adobe site) and adjusting the settings to low, but there's still a lot of lag.
Be aware that achievements won't work.

Since my CPU and physical memory are not even close to 40% when running the game on high settings in full screen, I can only assume that Flash itself and the browsers I used can't handle the game properly.
I know it's a free game, but when making a game the limits on the used tools should be taken into account as well. No offense, but since my computer seems to be fit to run this game properly, the game itself should run properly too.

Options that might be added to decrease the amount of lag;
- turn shell casings on or off
- an optional limit to the amount of shell casings and corpses on the floor
- simplify the enemy lock on (not sure if coding or animation causes the lag)

GAMEPLAY
In general I'm very content with the gameplay; it really gives you that Madness Combat feeling when playing as one of the main characters or butchering tons of enemies in general.

Nevertheless, I'm going to complain about the things that bugged me during gameplay:

Auto-dodge:
- and weapon pick up; when there is a big group in arena mode shooting at you while you have no ammo, the last thing you want is to unwillingly move up and down when you're close to a weapon that's capable of mowing down that group within seconds. A temporary increase in reach could solve this.
- and switching weapons. Maybe it's lag, but I can't switch during those dodges.

When an enemy locks on:
- pressing space bar should cut off the action you're performing, like a combo or picking up a weapon, so you can avoid getting hit.
- there should be a limit to the amount of time another enemy will lock onto you (at least not more than twice in a row without time inbetween). When you don't have squad buddies to break off their attempts you might wind up jumping around like a madman.

No customizable controls:
In the downloadable version of Madness Interactive from flecko.net you could even assign actions to pressing right mouse button and the scrollwheel (both scroll and click I believe?). Adding these options to this game would be great.

The lack of arena levels:
Because playing arena mode in another environment every once in a while will keep the game from getting old.

There is a great range of weapons and items to choose from but adding more would be great. It would be nice too if it would be possible to change the looks of the main characters as well, like an option to give Tricky his mask and Hank his Madness Apathy look.

TIPS FOR (NEW) PLAYERS:
- The armoured MAG agents can't be harmed by gunfire until you melee-attack them enough and knock their mask off. Sanford's hook is great for doing this while keeping some distance. Project Nexus can be damaged by gunfire from the start.
- When wielding the hook, aim towards the floor close to you to prevent the hook from being thrown too far away.
- In arena mode, enter the level with only one weapon and try to leave with two. Unequip one of them afterwards and repeat. In no time you'll have a nice stock of back up weapons to equip to yourself and your squad buddies.
- SPOILER: Jesus' sword can be found in level I-H: Nexus HQ. Left to the first spike room (with the sign B-1) there's a room with a terminal. In that room, between the left door and the table, there is a small square locker in the wall. It contains the sword. Great for causing damage to MAG agents when playing as Hank or Sanford.

CONCLUSION:
Great game, good enough to keep me occupied for hours, although the lag annoys the poop out of my pooper.

4.5/5

Fatherly Bonds Da Game Fatherly Bonds Da Game

Nice artwork

Game mechanics were ok as well, but it got repetitive very easily.
The only difference between the levels became the amount of enemies and the change of backgrounds.
Pretty fun to play for a few minutes, but nothing that special that made me want to play this game more than that.
Great potential, but you should have done more with it.

Madness Combat 7 MC10 remake Madness Combat 7 MC10 remake

Hmm

Seems to me that you just took a part from the MC10-track and mashed it up a bit. And not even really well in my opinion; parts like 0:16 and 1:15 lack smooth transitions, leading to an overall messy edited reult.

Cheshyre's music is great, but I'll give this just 1 star based on your additional input. I don't see any reason to give you extra credit for the tune itself since you didn't make it.

Madness Theme - Uprising Madness Theme - Uprising

Lol

I've really JUST seen the Resident Evil movie... it ended about 10 minutes ago, and I was like DAMN I know this theme.
I like your version more than the one in the movie :D
Great guitars, great beat, great version.
5/5 and 10/10 for sure :3

Monodisc - Untitled House WIP1 Monodisc - Untitled House WIP1

Ooow nice

Cool song, I like the parts with the guitars the most.
I'd really like to hear the "more" that'll come later ;D

Jawas Jawas

Utini!

Victor doll Victor doll

It creeps me out, but in a good way. I like your dolls, they have this Corpse Bride-esque look.

MimsArt responds:

Thank you so much!

cannibal maybe? cannibal maybe?

She looks horny.